I can't believe I hadn't looked into Uno sooner. It sounds like such a great and simple and easy way to keep the kids engaged while learning or reviewing a song!
Many have different ways of playing. Here are some ideas to get you going:
SINGING TIME UNO
Take out all numbered cards except for one's and two's. (or you could leave in the three's and four's, but I would only do this if you are splitting the song by phrase)
- One's: Sing the verse/phrase of the color one time
- Two's: Sing the verse/phrase of the color two times
- Skip: Sing the verse/phrase of the color as staccato (short, choppy, disconnected) OR Sing all verses/phrases except for the verse/phrase of the color drawn
- Draw Two: Sing the verse/phrase of the color and the one immediately following it OR Sing the verse/phrase of the color and let the child who drew the card choose the second one to sing OR Let the child who drew the card choose two verse/phrases to sing
- Reverse: Sing the verse/phrase of the color while facing the back of the room
- Wild: Let the child who drew the card choose the verse/phrase to sing and a fun way to sing it
- Wild Draw Four: Sing all the verses/phrases and let the child who drew the card choose a fun way to sing it (if using verses you could have someone choose a different fun way to sing for each verse) OR Sing all the verses/phrases in the way you will be singing the song for the Program (or one and then the other)
You can stack the cards so you know a good variety of things will be drawn, or you can just shuffle them and see what happens. You can also take out cards you don't want to use at the time.
Create your stack, choose a child to choose a card and do what the card says to do.
Great! Simple! Easy! I love it! And I think the kids will too!
Here is a link to a post of mine with Fun Ways to Sing Cards
Here is a link to another post of mine with more Fun Ways to Sing Cards