"...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..."

Alma 37:6

Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Family Is of God - Crack the Code


I love this idea!  Here is a video explanation (she calls it a Melody Map but it's really a Word Map...).

The point is to have the Primary "crack the code" -- Each dot is one word in the song.  This one I've done for THE FAMILY IS OF GOD I made the GREEN dots forms of "me" or "us," BLUE dots forms of "God/Father" (as in Heavenly Father), PURPLE dots word relating to family -- ie "family, children, mother, father," and BLACK dots for all other words.

You can sing the song over and over and over this way.  If they haven't gotten it after a few times you can help them by pointing to each dot as you sing.  Once they've figured it out you can split them in half and one half sings the color dots and the other half sings the black dots, and then switch!  You can have them stand when it's their word(s) for good and extra movement, and extra fun!

Click HERE for the PDF.

Verse 1 is page 1
Chorus is page 2
Verse 2 is page 3
Verse 3 is page 4
Verse 4 is page 5

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for inspiring me and others in our callings, Kami! I appreciate that you give credit to the sources where you get your ideas, then add your own. This is another great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie! I'm happy to hear that others are able to benefit from this blog. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you thank you! You saved me today!

    ReplyDelete