"...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..."

Alma 37:6

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Follow the Prophet - Monson Verse Sheet Music


I love the Follow the Prophet verse about President Monson the original writer wrote for this song, which was published in the March 2010 Friend (so it doesn't need to be approved!).  What I also love about this verse (and I assume the writer had this intention) is that we will be able to swap out "Monson" with the name of the current prophet for many years to come.  So we learn one verse that will last us many prophets.  Awesome!  And it's a great verse.

Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to return.
He blesses us with prophets who help us to learn.
President Monson humbly leads God’s Church today.
As we heed his words, we’ll walk a righteous way.


It can be a little tricky to get the words to fit in with the music, so I roughly edited the sheet music with these words.

Follow the Prophet Sheet Music w/ Monson Verse

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just was called as the Primary pianist and this is the only verse they are doing for the Primary program and I was totally lost the first time they sang it because there are obviously more syllables than the music allows. All I could find on lds.org were the words, so this is super helpful!

    ReplyDelete