"...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass..."

Alma 37:6

Monday, July 7, 2014

I Love to See the Temple - Sign Language

Here is a video I made of simple sign language (ASL) for I Love to See the Temple.  This in no way is meant to be a translation to ASL, but a teaching tool to help the children in Primary remember the words to this special song.  I included signs for specific key words to go along with the timing of the words in the song.


The video is mirrored so you may lead with your right hand (if it is your dominant hand).  Lead with whichever hand is most comfortable for you.  The children will either mirror you or lead with the hand that is comfortable for them, unless you tell them otherwise.

VERSE 1


I LOVE to SEE the TEMPLE.
I'm GOING there SOMEDAY
To FEEL the Holy SPIRIT,
To LISTEN and to PRAY.
For the TEMPLE is a HOUSE of GOD,
A place of LOVE and BEAUTY.
I'll PREPARE myself while I am young(CHILD);
This is my SACRED DUTY.

VERSE 2

I LOVE to SEE the TEMPLE.
I'll go INSIDE SOMEDAY.
I'll COV'NANT with my FATHER;
I'll PROMISE to OBEY.
For the TEMPLE is a HOLY place
Where WE are SEALED TOGETHER.
As a CHILD of GOD, I've LEARNED this TRUTH:
A FAM'LY is FOREVER.


ASL Video:
LDS.org ASL video list (scroll down to find I Love to See the Temple -- there are two videos, an adult and a child)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! this is very helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete